Life insurance plan is one of the best types of investment that a person can make to ensure the better future of their family and the members that are dependent on you. Life insurance provides you the financial support that your family members require when you are not around to take care of their needs. The financial support is provided in the form of the life insurance coverage.
There are two types of life insurance plans available in the market. The first one is the whole or permanent life insurance plan and the other one is the term life insurance plans.
Before applying for the life insurance plans you must first ensure which one of these policies is the best suited for you. The whole life insurance plans are for the people that have a higher income range and can afford to pay a higher premium for the life insurance plans. The whole life insurance policy is the way to reduce the net taxable amount of the individual’s income so that the tax is reduced and it is a part of a smart financial planning method.
Term life insurance plan are comparatively cheaper than the whole life insurance as the premium to be paid for these term life insurance plans are less and for a fixed duration of time. There are several pros and cons related to each one of these life insurance coverage plans and you should choose the one that fulfills all of your needs for the future without risking the financial stability in the present.
How can you choose between the two different life insurance coverage plans?
It can be a tough task for you to choose between the life insurance plans that is best for you as each of these life insurance plans have associated benefits with them. You should take a closer look at all of the aspects that are related with both the life insurance coverage plans. We’ll introduce you to both the term insurance plans and whole life plans and you can decide which one of these is the best one for you.
Related Article :- Top Secrets to Choose the Best Term Insurance Plan
Term life insurance
- It is the life insurance coverage for a fixed period of time.
- It is often called as the “pure life insurance” as it provides the financial support and help to your family when you are not alive and cannot take care of your family.
- It covers the premature death of an individual and provides the death benefit to the beneficiaries. Usually, there is no maturity benefit.
- The term insurance can be purchased for a time period of 5, 10, 20, or 30 years.
- The premiums of the term insurance are way cheaper and cover provided is huge as compared to the whole life insurance plans
- You can add additional benefits to the term insurance plans and make it more beneficial for your family by adding various riders to your term insurance plans.
- Term life insurance provides your family financial support at the times when the dependents are at the most vulnerable financial stage and need money for a better future.
Whole life insurance
- They are also known as the permanent life insurance plans.
- The whole life insurance coverage plans provide you the lifelong death coverage.
- It also includes an investment factor in these type of life insurance plans as the called as the cash value of the life insurance plans.
- These plans can be used as a tool for estate planning. It ensures smooth transfer of wealth to beneficiaries.
- You can opt for this life insurance plan to cut out your net taxable income and thus the less tax return is to be paid.
- You can easily borrow money from the banks on the basis of the cash value of your life insurance policy. You have to pay back the borrowed money and the due interest on time else the cash value and death coverage of the life insurance policy will decrease. And if you surrender the policy then you can no longer receive the death coverage.
- The borrowing of the money is easier and tax free against the whole life insurance policy.
- Whole life insurance helps you to provide financial coverage until you turn hundred years old but you have to pay the premium regularly.
- Some of the companies also provide bonuses every financial year.
Related Article :-Why Do You Need Critical Illness Insurance Plans?
These are some of the features that are provided to a person when she or he applies for any of the life insurance policy. From the above features, it is easier to extract the information that the individuals having a higher net worth and are looking for a way to reduce their taxes from the business can opt for whole life insurance but for an average income individual, the term life insurance is the best option.