Stock Market rallied on support from financials on Tuesday as domestic inflation data came below consensus with Bank Nifty closing higher by more than 1% above 35,500. Although Nifty also posted gains of more than 100 pts, it still remains vulnerable to larger sell-off as long it trades in range of 15,620-15,900 with 15,620 acting as a trigger point. With Brent crude prices firmly back above USD 76 a barrel, we can expect even midcap and small cap stock to come under pressure in today’s trade. Trends in SGX Nifty is indicating a weak opening of 43 points.
U.S indices closed lower after bond yields jumped and global share prices slipped after posting new highs on Tuesday as the biggest hike in U.S. inflation in 13 years rattled investors who fear rising interest rates could end a stock market rally that has doubled prices from 2020 lows. The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.31% to 34,888.79 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 0.38% to 14,677.65. Asian indices mostly slipped following a hotter-than-expected U.S. inflation report for June overnight.
Crude oil prices gained almost 2% on Tuesday after the International Energy Agency said the market should expect tighter supply for now due to disagreements among major producers over how much additional crude to ship worldwide. Brent crude rose $1.33, or 1.8%, to settle at $76.49 a barrel.
Stock to focus:
- Mindtree- Reports strong Q1, dollar revenue up 7.7%, profit up 8.2% QoQ
- NMDC- board approves demerger between company and NMDC Steel
- Auto companies in focus- Maharashtra government issues EV policy, aims for 10% of new registrations to be EVs by 2025.
- Mahanagar Gas Ltd- to hike CNG prices by Rs 2.58/kg., PNG by Rs 0.55/SCM
- Adani Enterprise- Adani Airports takes management control of Mumbai International Airport
- Vedanta- Q1 aluminum production up 3% QoQ and 17% YoY
- Hindustan Zinc- Q1 mined metal production up 9% YoY
- NBCC- Company secured total business of Rs 2.06 bn in June
- Sadbhav Infra- India Ratings downgrades to BBB+ from A2
- Morepen – Government caps trade margins on five medical devices used especially for Covid-19.
Most Popular Article: Zomato Ltd. IPO (Recommendation: Avoid)
A financial planning platform where you can plan all your goals, cash flows, expenses management, etc., which provides you advisory on the go. Unbiased and with uttermost data security, create your Financial Planning without any cost on: http://bit.ly/Robo-Fintoo
Disclaimer: The views shared in blogs are based on personal opinion and does not endorse the company’s views. Investment is a subject matter of solicitation and one should consult a Financial Adviser before making any investment using the app. Making an investment using the app is the sole decision of the investor and the company or any of its communication cannot be held responsible for it.