byLavish BhambhaniDecember 15, 2020
Mrs. Bectors Food IPO opens today
- The Rs 540-crore initial public offer (IPO) of Mrs. Bectors Food Specialities will open for two days on Tuesday (December 15). Net proceeds of the issue would be utilized for financing the project cost towards the expansion of its Rajpura manufacturing facility by establishing a new production line for biscuits and for general corporate purposes.
Are PSU stocks deeply discounted?
- One has to be very selective when picking up PSU stocks and not go for the entire pack. Stocks like SBI have a steady future because all its subsidiaries are doing well – SBI bank gained market share in its deposits from 22% to 24%, Sbi cards have 18% market share, SBI life insurance has 18-19% ROE/EV share and SBI MF is considered as the number one AMC.
BPCL evaluation panel to vet three EoIs today
- Apollo Global, Vedanta, and think gas has expressed interest in BPCL stake. Today an evaluation committee on privatization of BPCL is expected to meet to discuss this opportunity.
Pfizer rolls out the Long-awaited COVID19 vaccine
- Pfizer is expected to deliver an estimated 2.9million doses to hospitals and nursing homes in the first phase of vaccine rollout.
Another lockdown in New York?
- The governor of NY says there will not be a lockdown in New York unless hospitals reach 90% capacity. Right now NYC hospitals are at 81% capacity with about 150-200 people getting admitted per day but people are being discharged per day too. With the holiday season knocking on our doors, we can only hope that the cases don’t rise too fast.
- Brexit negotiations have threatened to conclude without a deal as the UK and the European Union continue to struggle to find common ground on fisheries, governance, and state aid. Both sides have agreed to continue talking but Boris Johnson has warned there is a very high risk no agreement may be found in the coming days.
- Ola set to invest 2400 cr to set up electric scooter factory. The planned unit would draw an investment of Rs 2,400 crore, employ as many as 10,000 people, and would have an initial production capacity of 2 million vehicles annually. Firms to benefit from this are – Bajaj Auto, Hero Motocorp-backed Ather Energy, and TVs.
- Sebi has proposed to tweak several rules to encourage startups to go public and list on the so-called Innovators Growth Platform. SEBI has proposed that the compulsory shareholding period before listing for investors owning 25% or higher stake be halved to one year.