byAvisha ShahNovember 9, 2020
- Post Joe Biden selection as U.S President, there is a positivity in Indian stock market. The Indian pharma sector will expect to benefit from Biden as he proposes for affordable health insurance by protecting and strengthening The Affordable Care Act, which ensures a reduction in healthcare cost and access to health insurance for Americans.
- Gold and Silver rallied for the same reason, post-election US Softened dollar led by the possibility of smaller stimulus packages under Joe presidency
- Rupee appreciated as US dollar hit a 10-week low as investors think a calmer White House could boost world commerce and that monetary policy will remain easy
- Paytm aims to disburse Rs 1000cr small loans by March, up from Rs 500cr from last financial year. They offer collateral-free loans up to Rs5lakhs with no prepayment charges on these loans.
- Surge in GST numbers, the monthly GST returns in October saw a 36% jump compared with corresponding period a year ago as the collection grew by over 10% in the month and breached 1lakh crore mark for 1st time in the current fiscal. It has also been possible due to improvement in GST infrastructure compared to previous year.
- Govt Plans to sell up to 15% stake in IRCON international through offer-for-sale shares. Total current govt holding is 89.18. At the current market price(CMP) govt could raise about Rs 540 crore.